Chiropractic Treatment For Back Pain
Back pain on a daily basis can take a toll on your overall quality of life. The condition may be mild, moderate, severe, or downright debilitating. On top of that, using painkillers that work only for a time can make life more frustrating. Luckily, Mi Spine Management Clinic has a chiropractor Dearborn Heights and Allen Park residents trust with all their pain-relief needs. Dr. Raychouni is certified and experienced in performing non-invasive techniques and therapies that provide lasting relief for the upper and lower back.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back injuries from a car, workplace, or sports accident, poor posture, heavy lifting, sitting for long periods, and aging are generally the root causes of pain. It may also stem from facet joint dysfunction, scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, and the following other conditions a chiropractor can help treat:
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated or bulging disc
- Dislocated spinal joints (misalignment)
- Muscle strains or ligament sprains
Acute or chronic pain may start in the upper or lower back. Sometimes it travels to the hips, buttocks, or legs, or feel worse when you move. We've seen patients who also experienced dull aches, a burning sensation, stiffness, or reduced mobility. Numbness, tingling, or weakness may occur in the upper or lower extremities from pressure on the nerve as well.
Back Pain Treatment by Our Dearborn Heights and Allen Park Chiropractor
Conservative chiropractic techniques provide long-term relief by addressing the source of the symptoms. We will do a physical exam and may check for spine injuries with an x-ray, MRI, or CT scan. Based on the diagnosis, we may go ahead and treat you using one or more of these integrative wellness methods:
- Spinal Adjustments – Dr. Raychouni may perform a manual or hand adjustment to mobilize and realign the spinal joints. Doing this takes the pressure off the spine, discs, nerves, and soft tissue, thereby providing much-needed relief. Chiropractic adjustment of the spine also restores musculoskeletal and central nervous system balance. Patients start to feel like their old self again and move with ease after several spinal manipulation sessions.
- Spinal Decompression – Non-surgical decompression therapy may work better for some patients experiencing pinched nerve or herniated disc symptoms. The treatment involves using flexion-distraction force or motorized traction to stretch the spine and pull the slipped discs back into place.
Patients experience greater relief when cold laser therapy and corrective exercises are added to their wellness plan. These natural wellness therapies help to reduce inflammation, increase muscle flexibility, and strengthen the body.
Access Drug-Free Chiropractic Treatment in Allen Park
If you live in Dearborn Heights, Allen Park, or neighboring communities and are looking for natural treatments that work, feel free to contact Mi Spine Management Clinic. Call (313) 406-6002 or (313) 768-5385, and we'll schedule your visit to our clinic nearest to you.